Many of the female artists I've blogged about so far have been inspired by Madonna. She has sold over 300 million records world wide and is in the Guinness World Records book for being the world's top-selling female recording artist of all time. She has produced hits since the early 1980's with her defiant and unapologetic attitude she made some mind blowing songs such as, "Like a Virgin", "Papa Don't Preach", "Like A Prayer", and "Vogue". Her music video for "Like A Prayer" feature Catholic symbols like burning crosses and making love to a saint which the Vatican condemned. Her goal was to be provocative and push boundaries, which she always does. As Steven Tyler said she follows the motto that "you have to lose sight of one shore to see the other". Meaning she is always looking for the next new thing, and never settles for what's popular. She always finds new ways to "push people's buttons".
Madonna recently released a new album called MDNA on March 26, 2012. The first single released was "Give Me All Your Luvin", featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. Although I think this song sounds a little sugary sweet, if you listen to the lyrics she's still the same old Madonna. One of the lines in the song says, "I see you coming and you're gonna have to change the game". I think this one line represents her so well. She has stayed relevant in an industry that discards people constantly. One of the songs I like from her new album is "Superstar", its set to a stomping drum beat and makes her sound once again like a virgin. Thanks for reading. Catharine
No comments:
Post a Comment