Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Does anybody else remember this song?

I was jamming to Pandora this morning and the song Angel by Amanda Perez came on my playlist. I was shocked because I loved this song when it came out in 2003. The song is about her losing a love and she's simply asking God for him to send her an angel to save her from the heartache. She's purely heartbroken from being alone. Amanda's soft spoken singing voice is perfect over the light piano and it truly makes the song more emotional. The way she talks about the pain that she is in makes it easy to relate to her; even if you haven't had your heart broken. I know that for me I always listened to this song and I felt that I was the one being hurt. I could understand what she was going through. She goes on to talk about how her best wasn't enough. This is definitely a topic that everyone knows. It does not just have to be about love. How many times have you tried and tried at something, like school work, and your absolute best essay still only earned you a C? Frustrating right? Not the worst feeling because you're not emotionally attached to an essay obviously, but it still makes you feel bad about yourself. Now try to relate to how she must feel. She gave all she could give to a person who she cared deeply for and they took advantage of her. She sings about how she "couldn't eat" and "couldn't sleep". I could not imagine myself being in a situation like this but I surely feel her pain in this song. It seems as though even if the person she loved hurt and lied to her, she still wanted just to feel their touch again. This must be the worst feeling in the world. I know that if I were going through a break up like this one, I would want to write a song too.


Listen!
Angel by Amanda Perez:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOQkE4p4oFE

-Noelle

No comments: