Lady Gaga, or Stefani Germanotta, is not only a great vocalist, but also an amazing lyricist. I'm sure most people know of her and her music but for those who don't, her songs have pop melodies with touches of glam rock and you can definitely dance to them. Even though some could say that pop music isn't the most meaningful genre her songs get their power from the messages in the lyrics. As Perez Hilton said, "you write really deep intelligent lyrics with shallow concepts." She's got legions of followers because she stands for self-acceptance and scrutinizes the music industry for its flaws. In The Fame, her first album with Interscope Records, and The Fame Monster she sings about the dark side and up-side of wealth and fame. More recently, in 2011, she released Born This Way and my favorite song is "The Edge of Glory" about your last moments on earth.
She has become ridiculously famous and uses her fame in positive ways, like her Born This Way Foundation which focuses on youth empowerment, anti-bullying campaigns, mentoring, and career development. She's also an activist for the gay and lesbian community. Her fashion choices are constantly changing and very often shocking as well as extremely entertaining and I just love her. What do you guys think?
Thanks for reading. Catharine
2 comments:
Lady GaGa is definitely one of the most interesting musicians in modern music today. I always look forward to seeing what she will do next. I bought her first album on Amazon and enjoyed it.
-Himmler
I am obsessed with Lady Gaga! She is definitely my all time favorite artist, her voice is incredible and her lyrics are just as good. My favorite song is speechless, awesome post!!
-Samantha
Post a Comment