There are so many talented females in the music industry. My current favorite is definitely Adele. The recent six time Grammy winner put out such a phenomenal album when she released 21. Her music speaks to my soul and I'm sure many other people's souls. Adele is influenced by the great Etta James, and she says "She was the ultimate original. Her voice was breath taking and her songs are reflections we all recognize in some way or another." This is also true of Adele's songs. One of my favorite songs on the album 21 was Turning Tables. This was not necessarily a hit on the radio but I connected to the lyrics and I'm sure others would too. The song expresses the need to keep a distance from people so you don't get hurt emotionally. Also, something I've experienced is the turning of tables within a relationship, meaning no matter what the argument may be about, your partner will always find a way to put the blame on you. These types of relationships can be suffocating and leave you little option but to get out.
Another fascinating aspect of Adele's fame is that she is not the prototypical 2012 female artist. She is plus-sized and does not have to dance around to get attention. She is truly an artist to be idolized and I hope that other women recognize this about her. Thanks for reading, let me know what you think of Adele.
Catharine
1 comment:
I started listening to Adele about three years ago when her first album "19" came out. Since then she has been my favorite artist. I love her voice and how her music is mainly based on her life experiences. She is a TRUE TALENT unlike most artists nowadays!
-N
Post a Comment